The original Lighthouse is located in New Jersey at the North End of Long Beach Island. The Barnegat Light is the second tallest lighthouse in the United States. It was commissioned in January 1859 and is 165 feet above sea level. It remained a first-class navigational light until August 1927 when it was supplemented by the "Barnegat Lightship" that was anchored 8 miles off the coast. The Lighthouse light was then reduced over 80%, but was not extinguished until January 1944. The Lightship was later removed in 1965 , as it was made obsolete by electronic navigation. The Lighthouse was closed for repair in 1988 and was re-opened for visitors in 1991. Although the light no longer functions, the tower is flood-lit at night and continues to attract thousands of visitors every summer.
Location: Arizona BLM Land
Sponsored by: Ruth Naven & Family
Barnegat Lighthouse Replica